Sunday, February 9, 2014

What I've been up to lately + first Paleo Challenge progress photo

It's Sunday-Funday! One of my favorite days of the week! I love Sundays because they're my day to rush around like hell to do chores, run errands, and prep for the week. While that may not sound like too much fun, I actually feel like my batteries get recharged on Sundays and I'm ready to take on the week.

Uh, yes I think I will :-)
I've been slacking off on regular posts because there's been a lot going on! For starters, I completed my NASM e-course! All that's standing in the way of me becoming a certified trainer is completing a CPR/AED certification and passing my exam! If all goes well, I'll be a certified trainer in the next couple of weeks! It's exciting and nerve-wracking and scary, all at the same time. I can't help but wonder: "Will I be good enough? Will I be successful at this? Will I get clients? Will I be able to make money? Will I even like it? I'm know these feelings are common; I just can't let them hold me back.
My favorite quote at the moment
I should be feeling more confident than I am since my internship is going so well. I've been so blessed to find this gym and to be surrounded by such kind and knowledgable people. The trainers have taken me under their wings and really opened up to me. It's such a great environment to be in; the energy's contagious. I've been lucky enough to assist with group classes and practice instructing exercises, cueing, and progressing and regressing exercises. I've also had an opportunity to work on the gym's monthly newsletter. This month, I contributed an article on the importance of post-workout nutrition. It'll be super exciting to see the article "in print" and know that all kinds of folks will be reading what I wrote. I'm very honored.

As you can see, there's been a lot going on in my life recently. And somehow, in between it all, I managed to start a 21-day Paleo challenge with my brother! I haven't been perfect by any means, but I am very happy with my results so far. I feel energized; I find that I don't eat as much because what I am eating is so satisfying and full of healthy fats; my abs are looking fab! Overall, I'm very pleased and don't miss bread and sugar and dairy as much as I thought I would. I'll admit that it will be nice to have some cheese when all's said and done, though :-)

Totally accurate! I speak from experience!
I took this Friday morning, 5 days after starting the Paleo Challenge
All in all, January was a thrilling success, and February has definitely started off on the right foot! I wish the same for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback! Thanks for visiting.